Many people wonder how to increase human growth hormone (HGH) naturally, and in truth, there are several ways to do so. If you’re unfamiliar with HGH, it’s a natural hormone released by the pituitary gland that helps regulate growth in children. The hormone also helps adults maintain normal body structure and plays a role in metabolism. Many people have a condition called growth hormone deficiency that causes them to naturally lack HGH. Here, we’ll take a closer look at why human growth hormone is important and how you can naturally increase your body’s supply of it.
Why Do You Need Human Growth Hormone?
So, what is growth hormone deficiency, and why does it matter? When someone has growth hormone deficiency, it’s typically caused by an issue with the pituitary gland that’s preventing it from consistently producing the hormone. You might be wondering “what is human growth hormone used for?” In children, human growth hormone is integral to the growth process. If a child has growth hormone deficiency, they may grow significantly slower than their peers. In adults, growth hormone deficiency can lead to weight gain, depression, increased risk of heart disease, and other issues.
Symptoms of Growth Hormone Deficiency in Children:
• Late puberty
• Slow hair and nail growth
• Unusually young facial appearance
• Slow tooth development
• Very small penis (male infants)
• Low blood sugar
Symptoms of Growth Hormone Deficiency in Adults:
• Low energy
• Increased body fat
• Lack of muscle tone
• Decreased body density
How to Increase Human Growth Hormone Naturally
If you’re suffering from growth hormone deficiency, there are quite a few measures you can take to naturally increase the amount of human growth hormone in your body.
• Lose Weight – If you have a high body fat percentage, it can cause your pituitary gland to produce less human growth hormone. So, by making an effort to lose weight through exercise and dieting, you can naturally increase your supply of the hormone. And because having excess body fat can increase your risk for many health conditions, losing weight can benefit your health in various ways.
• Cut Down on Sugar – Studies have found that high levels of insulin can result in reduced levels of human growth hormone. This means that by reducing the amount of sugar in your diet, you could potentially increase your body’s production of the hormone. Since cutting back on sugar goes hand in hand with losing weight, it can be a very beneficial method for treating your growth hormone deficiency.
• Take Supplements – There are several types of supplements that have been shown to effectively boost human growth hormone production. One option is to take arginine supplements. Arginine is an amino acid that can activate a pathway in your body related to human growth hormone production. You could also try GABA supplements, which contain another amino acid with the potential to increase human growth hormone in the body. Before trying any new supplements, it’s always a good idea to consult with your doctor.
• Improve Your Sleep Habits – When you’re asleep, your body is regularly producing human growth hormone. The hormone is produced in pulses, which are based on your circadian rhythm. So, if you don’t get enough sleep consistently, it can lead to a reduction in your human growth hormone. If possible, you should try to make sure you get at least seven or eight hours of sleep every night. This will not only increase your levels of human growth hormone, but it will also make you feel much better physically and mentally.
• Exercise – Another activity that has been shown to increase human growth hormone is exercise. Specifically, aerobic exercise and other high-intensity exercises are known to help your body generate the hormone. Of course, exercising regularly is beneficial for your health in numerous ways, and it can assist you in losing weight as well.
Growth hormone deficiency can be a frustrating issue to deal with, and if you believe that your child has the condition, you should take them to a pediatrician. It’s also worth seeing your doctor as an adult to verify that growth hormone deficiency is what you’re experiencing. If you have the condition, there’s no need to despair. By making an effort to improve your habits and naturally increase your human growth hormone, you can make a real difference in your mental and physical health. If you’d like to learn more about growth hormone deficiency and other similar health conditions, take the time to check out Libido+ Medical Clinic