Libido issues and low sex drive are things that men of all ages regularly experience. However, if you are dealing with this type of problem, there are treatments available and measures you can take to increase your libido and boost your sex drive. Here, we’ll take a look at a few of the most effective solutions for these common issues.
What Is Libido?
Although you may have heard the term, you may not be familiar with what libido actually is. Simply put, libido is a person’s sex drive or, essentially, motivation for sexual activity. The libido is something that will regularly increase and decrease at different times. However, some men and women experience a decrease in their libido that doesn’t seem to naturally reverse itself. That’s when certain treatments can be helpful.
What Causes Low Libido?
There are many different things that can cause low libido, which is why it’s such a common condition for both men and women. Things like stress, fatigue, depression, lack of exercise, sexual turn-offs, past traumatic experiences, and anxiety can all cause low libido. In some cases, the issue can be directly related to your partner. For example, familiarity with your partner can decrease your sexual excitement, or there could be a general lack of sexual compatibility.
In some cases, health issues can cause low libido as well. Listed below are some of the conditions that can negatively affect the libido.
Health Conditions Causing Low Libido in Men:
- Hormone changes
- Premature or retarded ejaculation
Health Conditions Causing Low Libido in Women:
- Urinary tract infections
How to Increase Libido
If you’re suffering from low libido, there is good news. Many treatments are effective in increasing both male and female libido. That said, every person is different, and you may need to try several remedies to find one or more that work well for you.
Increasing Male Libido
- Diet – One simple way to increase male libido is by making dietary improvements. Generally, foods that boost the circulatory system and promote heart health are beneficial for the libido. Specifically, you should eat lots of vegetables and lean proteins and avoid things that are high in sugar.
- Supplements – Some men have found that they can increase libido with the use of certain supplements and herbal remedies. A few examples that have produced results include vitamin D, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and herbal remedies like ginseng, ginkgo, maca, and Tribulus.
- Essential Oils – Another option is to increase your libido with essential oils. For example, certain essential oils are known to reduce stress and anxiety, boost energy, and improve your mood. All of these things can affect your sex drive. A few of the most effective essential oils for increasing libido are rose, sandalwood, lavender, jasmine, and cinnamon.
- Sleep – Did you know that getting more sleep can actually boost your libido? If you get at least seven or eight hours per night, you’ll have more energy and be in better moods, which will improve your sex drive.
- Exercise – Exercising regularly is another technique that has been shown to have a positive impact on male libido.
- Testosterone therapy – Low testosterone has shown to be a factor related to ED. Testosterone replacement therapy helps with loss of energy caused by the imbalance of testosterone.
We offer Testosterone Cypionate Injections to help increase in energy, vitality, and overall performance in men. These shots are more effective and treatment happens on a regular basis.
Increasing Female Libido
- Hormone Therapy – Studies have found that there is a connection between estrogen levels and female libido. For this reason, many women in menopause turn to estrogen replacement therapy to improve their libido.
- Lubricants – For some women, vaginal dryness can make sex less pleasurable, leading to a decrease in libido. In many cases, the solution for this can be as simple as using lubricants to improve the experience.
- Switching Birth Control – Certain types of birth control pills have been shown to decrease female libido. If you’re taking birth control and suffering from low libido, consider talking with your doctor about switching to a different pill.
Precautions to Take With Increasing Libido
It can be very frustrating to deal with low libido, and in some cases, it can lead to depression and anxiety. As a result, the urge to treat the problem can be very strong, which can lead many men and women to make unsafe choices. When you’re trying to boost your sex drive, there are certain precautions you should always take. Most importantly, you should always consult your doctor before taking any new medications. Additionally, when you’re trying any new treatments, you should make yourself familiar with all of the potential side effects.
The Bottom Line
Low libido is a very common issue for both men and women of all ages. However, if you’re suffering from a decreased sex drive, there’s no reason to give in to despair. There are numerous remedies that have been shown to provide results, and you will likely be able to find at least one that works well for you. If you want to regain your libido and or address other sexual health issues, schedule your consultation today with the healthcare professionals at Libido Medical Clinic.